30 MILES OF NEWARK’S STREETS TO BE REPAVED IN 2018
Newark Director of Engineering Philip Scott has announced that approximately 30 miles of city streets will be repaved in 2018. The paving will begin after the asphalt plants reopen in April. Scott noted that previously, an average of only four miles per year were repaved.
“Newark’s hundreds of streets have suffered from years of deterioration because of heavy traffic, harsher weather conditions and lack of financing,” Scott added. “I am pleased to announce that the City of Newark is launching the second year of a major repaving and pothole filling initiative, in partnership with PSE&G, which will make our streets safer for all.”
South Ward streets to be repaved in 2018 include:
- HOPKINS PL From: S. 18TH ST To: IRVINGTON CITY LINE
- WOODLAND AVE From: S 11TH ST To: S 14TH ST
- NYE AVE From: IRVINGTON CITY LINE To: CLINTON PL
- FARLEY AVE From: CLINTON AVE To: AVON AVE
- INGRAHAM PL From: MILLINGTON AVE To: CLINTON AVE
- SCHUYLER AVE From: LYONS AVE To: NYE AVE
- CLINTON AVE From: HUNTERDON ST To: SHANLEY AVE
- S 10TH ST From: CLINTON AVE To: SPRINGFIELD AVE
- CLINTON PL From: CLINTON AVE To: HAWTHORNE AVE
- SEYMORE AVE From: AVON AVE To: CLINTON AVE
- HUNTER ST From: ELIZABETH AVE To: FRELINGHUYSEN AVE
Please remember that this work is weather dependent, and the schedule may be adjusted if necessary. For the complete list of streets citywide scheduled to be repaved this year, please visit www.newarknj.gov/paving. You may also call (973) 733-4311.